Leadership is never easy; even on the days here in New Jersey when the organization appears to smoothly move along.
The Carnegie Leadership Principles are truly the GPS for today’s management and leadership. And they are always worth the read. Improving every member in the organization is so important. Growth and opportunity always are the foundation for success.
Doing the following nine leadership elements can truly change both attitudes and behavior:
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation
- Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
- Let the other person save face
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest
These are just a few of the Dale Carnegie Human Relations Principles. It is through people and process that organizations grow. And it is though example and commitment that leadership moves the business in positive directions. Carnegie Training offers everyone the tools and the processes that facilitate the skills that improve ability.
Leaders find deeper connections with those they manage and in turn an environment of commitment and excellence is created. Leadership Training for Managers is a foundation class for management across the globe. Call us today and let us be a partner in your success.
This post is shared with you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Central & Southern New Jersey. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo: jzcreationzs, freedigitalphotos.net